Already on li.st? Open in app.
After four and a half years and two kids, I'm a well-oiled bedtime machine over here. Except when it all falls apart. Here's what not to do:
- •Begin with plans.Nothing concrete- you've got kids, though, so it's not like you had real plans anyway. But think about something that can happen after a smooth bedtime. 'Maybe if I get her to sleep, I could sneak away and grab a coffee with...' Good luck with that.
- •Add a tired kid.Really tired. If there's already been a meltdown about the blue jammies, but not those blue jammies, the other blue jammies; and if there have never been any blue jammies to begin with, you've got a solid three hours of bedtime ahead, guaranteed.
- •Follow the routine, but......oh just skip bath time, they're not that gross today anyway. They're so tired. Just do a quick version, you're in a rush.
OH, I had such high aspirations for today...and this little gem of an app has blown them all away!
- •Work. I started the edits to revamp the chapter I need to finish so I can graduate- but THEN I discovered this! Let's be honest, this discovery will have a bigger global impact than my chapter edits.
- •Coffee. Sure, it's just down the hall, but LOOK! Tim Hortons has a list RIGHT HERE! This is golden.
- •Halloween costumes. Yes, time is ticking and I've got some intense pressure from a three-foot-aspiring Ninja Turtle and his 2.5 foot sister. Does MacGyver have the List App? I've got some duct tape and a box of paper clips but I'm at a loss here.