Things I Do When I Drive Alone to Palm Springs
It's quiet out here when you're alone in the car
- •Contemplate In-N-Out vs Taco Bell vs both. End up with both and a bonus KFC mashed potatoes. (KFC/Taco Bell combo location)
- •Play the same song over and over again and sing it as loud as I can. Bleachers: I Wanna Get Better. Good and shouty.
- •Wonder why they call it Redlands. It looks pretty brown to me.
- •See an Olive Garden. Consider stopping because hey! Olive Garden.
- •Can the whipping desert wind flip a Prius going 95 mph?
- •Be kind of impressed I got my Prius to go 95 mph.
- •Think of Julian from Less Than Zero. Sigh.
- •Call everyone who is texting me so I don't text and drive. Laugh when they all send me to voicemail because who the fuck calls anyone anymore.
- •Finally call my Mom back. She will answer because she doesn't know how to text.
- •Keith Sweat in concert? Sign me up.
- •Promise myself, yet again, that I will finally go to Glamis. Anything called Glamis must be awesome.