FAVORITE HOME DESIGN SHOPS IN LA
Shops I frequent as an interior designer. These are just a few
- •Big Daddy's AntiquesBig Daddy’s Antiques is a retailer of one-of-a-kind antiques and reproductions from European, Asian, and North America. Big Daddy's is for interior designers, set decorators, landscape architects, photographers, event planners, and enthusiastic art & design lovers. A favorite for sure!
- •Liz's Antique HardwareThe best place for antique hardware... Which everyone needs! No really... There is an antique side run by my favorite Doc, he calls me Sunshine. They have a new side as well, Christopher can help you there. Here is a picture of Doc since he is my favorite.
- •Nickey KehoeBest all around curated store. Vintage finds, private label products, and a selection of handpicked goods from around the world.
- •A + RSuch a great store! Modern and warm with a unique design aesthetic led by Andy and Rose. It is also a great place to give a design worthy gift.
- •GardeA high-end home furnishings and personal accessories store.
- •Amsterdam ModernAmsterdam Modern offers mid-century and vintage furniture, lighting and other household items. Their inventory is from Amsterdam and is sourced from all corners of Holland. Their warehouse is in a 10,000 square feet warehouse just outside of Downtown Los Angeles. It is the best “hidden secret.”
- •AcapillowBeautiful pillows and home goods. We do custom work with them all the time. And Eleanor and Peter are the best and quintessential Santa Monicans
- •Mid Century LAmidcenturyLA imports mid-century modern furniture from Denmark and Sweden. For mid century credenzas, dining sets, and lounge seating to examples by renowned designers of the period such as Hans Wegner, N.O. Moller, Erik Buck, Arne Norrell, Kai Kristiansen, Arne Vodder, Illum Wikkelso, Tove & Edvard Kindt-Larsen, Peter Hvidt, Orla Morlgaard-Nielsen, Yngve Ekstrom, Ib Kofod-Larsen, Johannes Andersen, etc. David Pierce is the owner and the coolest guy around
- •Design Modern/Design UtopiaNext to each other on Melrose, they both have a keen eye for picking quality and special vintage and antique furniture and sell at an affordable price.
- •Lawson FenningLawson-fenning furniture has vintage pieces, but gives each piece a modern spin. Combining the principles and craft of mid- century california and scandinavian design with traditional details and modern stylings.
- •HD ButtercupStandard but a goodie in the Helms Bakery
- •Walnut WallpaperSpend hours looking through books and books of wallpapers. They are the sweetest as well! We love wallpapers!!!
- •Home GoodsThe cheapest and great for towels, baskets, and special cheap finds. We sometimes have to call moving companies to help us brig home our goodies.
- •Mood FabricsKnown for being the fabric store on Project Runway, Mood is known for being a clothing store. We love to switch things up and use these fabrics. They have a great selection of Marc Jacobs and Anna Sui fabrics too
- •Olde Good ThingsFrame your time walking through the rows of salvaged goodies. Old machine parts, tables, lighting and hardware are just a few to LIST.
- •Cleveland ArtsCleveland Arts has a vast selection of vintage and recycled industrial design. They have a sale once a year that is very worth it
- •Voila!If your on La Brea, take the time to walk through this showroom. Best selection of old European diagrams, lighting and curiosities. I just found out that they have events in their space as well.
- •Hollywood at HomePeter Dunham's store has a wide arrange of fabrics from different designers. They have great lighting and furniture. We have bought this bed for a client!