MY BEST COSTUMES, RANKED
Two trends: Flannel and cardboard props.
- 1.Meredith Grey SwiftGetting this shirt made for my Taylor Swift 1989 Tour show was one of the best decisions of my life.
- 2.Flying MonkeySo good I did it twice. The first time was as a preteen when my friends all went as Wizard of Oz characters and instead of going at Dorothy, The Wicked Witch of the West, or even the Cowardly Lion but NO I WANTED to be a Flying Monkey. I made my wings out of cardboard and then it snowed while we were trick or treating and my wings disintegrated. This story is such a hit with everyone that I made new cardboard wings and brought this back as a senior in high school.
- 3.Bad Yearbook PhotoSolidified me as a clever, funny college freshman.
- 4.The Spirit of New HampshireI pulled this together out of items I owned in an hour. I truly captured my NH roots. #LFOD
- 5.Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback MountainThis year @ebronstein and I really nailed this pairs costume.
- 6.Blue Power RangerMy mother made me a super cute bunny costume when I was a child and the night before Halloween I decided that I wanted to be a Blue Power Ranger so she was a saint and made me a fantastic costume.
- 7.Luke DanesLast year I wasn't going to ~do~ Halloween but then I learned that everyone was dressing up at work and I pulled this together REAL quick. Plus, it was timely because Gilmore Girls just went up on Netflix and everyone was rewatching.
- 8.1989 Christmas EditionTaylor Swift should honestly own this sweatshirt.
- 9.Emerson Kid LionThis was a very topical costume in 2011 when my college couldn't get enough of this self-referential meme, but it doesn't really hold up years later.
- 10.PumpkinThe cutest baby costume. 🎃
- 11.LionMy mom constructed a BEAUTIFUL lion's mane out of yarn.
- 12.12 Year Old College StudentThe theme of my 22nd birthday party was Minus A Decade so I dressed as my 12 year old college student self. It was fantastic.
- 13.DalmatianMy kindergarten costume would be ranked higher if I hadn't slipped in my Dalmatian slippers and smacked my head while running in the classroom.
- 14.Hilary Duff in A Cinderella StoryThis costume for my Jr. High movie characters themed school dance was SPOT ON but no one at my garbage school knew who I was.
- 15.Police OfficerComplete with a cardboard police car masterpiece.
- 16.BunnyThe costume my mother made that I swapped out for a Blue Power Ranger.
- 17.CowgirlA solid look for this Hoedown Throwdown party.