Already on li.st? Open in app.
Over the past year, I've become obsessed with Chopped. I usually have at least five episodes on my DVR at any given time. But that doesn't mean it doesn't make me insane sometimes. Here are some of my biggest Chopped pet peeves. (Inspired by @sarahgorman)
- •The term "mouthfeel"That's a stupid, pretentious, and frankly kind of gross way to describe food, Alex Guarnaschelli.
- •"I'm very intimate with those flavors."I shit you not, some dumbass dude used this phrase while talking about Thai-inspired spices. It actually made my skin crawl. (Also, someone should make sure he hasn't *literally* been intimate with those flavors, 'cause the judges probably shouldn't eat his dish if that's the case.)
- •"This dessert is too sweet."Are you kidding me? It's fucking dessert. That the contestants overcame a final basket filled with celery, gummy bears, and pig's ears, and still created something delicious, should make you do fucking cartwheels.
I heard these songs on the radio last week (at the mall, at a restaurant, and in the car) after not listening to most of them in years. Spoiler alert: They're still awesome.
- •Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets BodyI used to be obsessed with DCFC, and I wore this album out back in the day. Still an excellent, catchy single. I may have sung along in the store. Sorry for making things weird, Macy's employees.
- •Madonna - Beautiful StrangerJust a great pop song. And it will always remind me of Austin Powers, which will never not be a good thing. Yeah, baby.
- •Third Eye Blind - Never Let You GoOkay, so this one is kind of a stretch, because I listen to 3eb all the time. (They're one of my favorite bands ever, and yes, I realize most people think they disappeared after "Semi-Charmed Life." Not so!l) But I hadn't heard the song out in the wild (a.k.a. not on my iPod) in forever. Guess what? Still effing rocks. "I remember the stupid things, the mood rings, the bracelets, and the beads..."