THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR
- •My familyMy parents in particular. I'm 26 and they've never once made me feel like I'm too old to receive their help or advice. It's a fantastic feeling knowing that when I'm in a tough spot, I can still call them and that they want me to reach out to them.
- •My friendsI live in Atlanta and my two best friends live in LA and NY. Navigating your mid twenties with your support system thousands of miles away is challenging but I appreciate their friendship now more than ever. And of course I'm grateful for my friends the ATL as well.
- •My jobAfter spending the first two years after college unemployed or underemployed, having a job that's both rewarding and pays (somewhat) well is something I never ever take for granted. I don't dread going to work every day and it's an amazing feeling.
- •My car and my phoneSeems superficial but I would be absolutely lost without either of these.
- •TodayGetting to spend today eating and socializing with my family was therapeutic after a rough few months. Even though we all live within 50 miles of each other, life gets in the way and I find myself going months on end without seeing them and it's nice to catch up and enjoy each other's company in the midst of fabulous food.