Things I've Learned from Isabel Foxen Duke
This is her and all her • http://isabelfoxenduke.com
- •"Diets don't work"And you can't move past your eating/health/fitness/esteem/disorder problems until you believe that statement and internalize it.
- •Because: "diets lead to binge eating"
- •"Dieting is really a state of mind.""It is hating yourself for what you eat. It is having false beliefs."
- •"Nobody wants to be thin in a vacuum"
- •"We want to be thin to control someone else's opinion of us."Is there an atomic bomb emoji? It belongs here. Because boom.
- •"You cannot fully control your body.""It has biological needs, instincts, and evolutionary traits regarding food that we cannot entirely control."
- •"As long as you're trying to control your body, you're dieting."
- •The answer? Surrender"Surrender doesn't look like actions or behaviors. It looks like a new state of mind that doesn't hate yourself for wanting the things you want or eating the things you eat."
- •Some actions we can take?"Change what you see. Body positivity. Go on a media diet." (Ha.)
- •❤️"Your will isn't worthless. It just isn't the only thing in play."❤️"Health obsession is displaced anxiety over living in an uncertain world." And insert atomic bomb emoji. Because boom.