DETAILS ABOUT ME THAT MAKE THE QUESTION, "DO YOU WORK HERE?", UNNECESSARY
I work in a bookstore, so it's not bad. Really. How can I help you?
- 1.My name tag. It states my name, naturally, and the name of the store in which you are currently shopping.
- 2.My company issued phone. It has actual buttons(!) and resembles my first cell phone from 15 years ago.
- 3.The towering stack of merchandise I have cradled in my arms. In my case, books. If I have fifteen copies of James Patterson's weekly release in hand, chances are quite excellent that they are not all for me.
- 4.I'm constructing a display, wielding assorted plexiglass shelving, rolls of (money-saving!) stickers, and a fleet of fully loaded book carts.
- 5.I'm standing behind a desk with a sign over it reading 'Customer Service'.