Interesting People I've Met in Switzerland This Week
- •Omani college student who writes rap songs and poetry in Arabic. Talked about his arranged marriage and his Maserati.
- •Australian man, diagnosed with cancer. Has 5 children and one on the way. Doctors told him he had 6 months to live in January. We went on a long hike together and talked about integrative medicine and his love of cows.
- •A masseuse named Beatrix. A pixie who wears white linen pants and huge eyeglasses that make her look like an anime character. Talked to me about tattoo removal and aggressive Chinese massages.
- •Mysterious New York journalist. Angelica Houston disguised as a high school counselor. Speaks Egyptian, French, Italian, English and "a little Japanese". Uses a pen to secure her hair in an elegant French twist.
- •Mr. Gustav, a handsome 80 year-old man from Stockholm. Used to live in the Bahamas and Florida for "political reasons". He drove 4 hours this past weekend to see a woman he's interested in.