The Story of My Profile Picture
Inspired by @dev
- •He's not my baby! I don't have a baby. This is Noah (see "things I learned from attending a home birth" list). We've been friends since day 1, literally.
- •My friend and I threw a belated baby shower for two of our friends who had recently given birth. We called it Babychella. Tagline: "it's like Coachella, but for babies". We had flash tats, flowers and friendship bracelets. We thought we were so original!Later, I heard that Kim K did the same thing for North West, but better. There was a teepee. There was a ferris wheel. There was Kylie. Apparently, I don't keep up with the Kardashians.
- •We had a little photo booth area set up to take pics with the babies. All the photos are of me kissing the babies and they look thrilled.
- •Noah's shirt says "I love my gay uncle"
- •The day ended with a torrential down pour, which shut down the party. The babies went home.
- •My friends and I went inside, drank more champagne and waited for the weather to clear (in Hawaii, rainstorms only last 20 minutes). We went back outside, lounged in the hot tub and raced a huge blow-up duck and swan across the pool because that's what you do when you don't have kids.