Things I Love About My Parents' Generation
- •Their enviable ability to be non-attached to their cell phones.
- •Their ability to fix everything (cars, clocks, plants). I think part of the magic of the pre-Google generation is that they had to figure out how stuff works.
- •Their simplicity around eating and nutrition.I totally drink the cold-pressed Kool-Aid, but I appreciate the "meat n potatoes" attitude (more as a concept than a meal).
- •Their love of reading, going to the theater, museums, going for a walk, etc.
- •Their ability to have heart-to-heart conversations.This is something I'm trying to get better at. When I was younger, I had to have those emotionally vulnerable talks with my friends/family in person, which now happen more often over text or e-mail. It's just not as satisfying if you can't have a good hug or ugly cry at the end.
- •Their unwavering commitment to certain brands.
- •Their appreciation of simply being alive.One of my dad's friends said, "If I wake up and my feet hit the ground, it's a good day."