NYC FOOD BIBLE
Restaurant to try? Dish worthy of trek? Obviously everyone needs to know. Would love to hear your suggestions!
- •ICE + VICELES Ice creamery serving up seriously innovative flavors. Cannot get enough. Just hope the genius never runs dry.
- •ZZ's CLAM BARThe vessels in which you imbibe will bring a smile to your face. Truly a gem. Plan ahead for this.
- •JOE'S SHANGHAIClassic XLB and is a prerequisite for anyone who has any desire to seek adventure in dining in nyc. This is step one.
- •MARK LOVRETOVICH'S GUMBODo you know Mark Lovretovich? Do you know about his gumbo? This is not an easy dish to obtain but truly if you ever come across the opportunity to try it, it it made with the utmost sincerity and love-- something Mark does not give away sparingly. I hope one day you will cross this road.
- •JEEPNEYI'm honestly not biased. The kamayan spread is honestly that mind blowingly good. Definitely an experience reserved for special occasion but you must find an excuse to partake at least once.
- •COSMEEnrique Olvera knows about Mexican food. The duck carnitas will change your life. Not an exaggeration. The cocktails at Cosme will be enough to lure me back for years and years.
- •SANTA SALSAAn unexpected surprise. I'd say the burger at this very random Venezuelan spot is worth the trek to Williamsburg and should be in contention with best burger in NYC. I think it's great.
- •CHAVELA'SShame on you for complaining about the lack of great Mexican food in NYC. You genuinely are not trying hard enough if you don't know about Chavela's. Go!
- •CARBONEThis place just makes me feel special. Very full but special. Chicken parm dreams forever.
- •SPUMONI GARDENI think about this place too often. Worth the trek and without a doubt is the most memorable slice you will have.
- •CONTRASmall place. Surprise menu. A lot of fun. Truly a gem.