IF I WERE THE WAITRESS IN WAITRESS MY PIES THIS WEEK WOULD BE
I saw Waitress the musical (oh *blush* by @sarab ) in Boston and fell in love.
- •Sunday: Uphill-All-The-Way-Baby-In-A-Stroller-PieYou make a stiff meringue, with peaks like the hills of San Francisco and sit 'em atop a hot bed of pears. Flambèed of course
- •Monday: Out-Of-Print-Tea-Ceremony-Book PieFlaky pastry leaves underneath matcha green tea whipped cream, silky custard, and a few sweet chestnuts
- •Tuesday: Baby-Don't-Sleep-Mama-Don't-Sleep PieCoffee ice cream, chocolate covered espresso beans, and a sprinklin' of nuts
- •Wednesday: Thank-Goodness-For-My-Writing-Partner pieBacon pie with a no-knead challah crust. It sounds simple but that's cause all the bad stuff got cut out.
- •Thursday: Art-Is-For-Everybody-SF-Sky-PieA fondant of Chagall's Over The Town sculpted over an explosion of spicy dark chocolate with daubs of smokey caramel
- •Friday: Who-Needs-Electricity-PieSinged marshmallows over a chocolate creme in a graham cracker crust
- •Saturday: Bumpy-Bus-Ride-PieBoil down ginger and sugar to a syrup that will coat the lumpy peaches, sprinkle with an oatmeal crumble top