THINGS I CAN'T STOP WRITING ABOUT
From picture books to novels to travel essays to memoir to art projects I circle around the same themes in my work all the time. Inspired by @bookishclaire
- •JapanBecause I knew it most through my father's stories, and it seemed magical. And then I lived there, and got frustrated and understood things about why my dad is the way he is
- •DadsBecause, above, and I love my dad
- •DeathEven before profound loss became central to my experience as a human, I was a child obsessed with Pompeii and the holocaust
- •FishbirdsMy made up word for people who are mixed. Came from something a woman told me once as a caution against interracial marriage, "a fish can love a bird but where would they live?"
- •UnicornsBecause they're real and living among us
- •FoodBecause food