Your Cheer Up Game Plan
Things have been indeed shitty lately. I needed this, hope it helps you too.
- 1.Fuel up on stand-up comedy.Still in bed? No prob. YouTube's Conan O'Brien or Laugh Factory's channels are good starts, or Spotify for albums. Off the top of my head: Beth Stelling, Guy Branum, Nore Davis.
- 2.Eat something green.Ok, you made it to the kitchen. Good job! Eat whatever you have that makes you feel kinda healthy. Kale salad? Yogurt? A piece of fruit? Because you may have been eating cookies and pizza since Thanksgiving (ahem).
- 3.Egregious amounts of caffeineA totally legal drug. Tea, coffee, whatever your poison. Just have more than usual.
- 4.Open the blindsIt might be gross outside, but natural light is helpful.
- 5.MoveBed is calling, "Come baaaack watch more Netfliiiiix!" BUT now you have this awesome buzz going, you should use it right? A walk? A class? Yoga? Whatever you like.
- 6.Be niceCompliment someone, give a buck to the singer by the subway. Finally edit your friend's resume, donate, anything. Focus off of you, onto someone else.
- 7.Bug your friendsText, call, email. Even if you don't feel like it, sometimes just getting all your stuff out can help. Or even focusing on their stuff!
- 8.Go back homeNothing worked? Still feel bad? That's okay. Get back in bed. Sometimes you just gotta accept the bad mood. Like a storm, it's gonna go away eventually, right?