THINGS MY DAD DID IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET TEENAGE ME TO START TAKING THE BUS TO SCHOOL
I didn't want to take the bus. He didn't want to drive me, but thought that instead of refusing, he would wear me down through a campaign of public humiliation. I won because I may be the world's most stubborn person.
- •Shouted "Goodbye angel bunny, have a wonderful day at school!"
- •Picked a boy's name at random and then yelled "How's that boy ____ you've been talking about?"
- •Blasted tango music from the car
- •Blasted zydeco from the car
- •Blasted the country and western tunes of Shel Silverstein from the car
- •Put on his heaviest accent (he's Serbian) and shouted "ve may come from small village, but ve are a proud people!"
- •I'm sure there were more, but I may have blocked them from my memory.