ALBUMS YOU LOVE
Whether it's the first one you ever bought or one you've recently gone head over heels for, I want to know about them and why you love them so.
- •Fleetwood Mac— Rumours (preferably on vinyl but anything will do)A musical masterpiece born from the ashes of imploding relationships and a haze of alcohol and cocaine, it captures the hope, love, heartbreak, and betrayal of five people thrust into stardom as only the lyrics of the poet, the optimist, and the tortured soul can.
- •Elton John's Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player.It brings back memories of my youth, and it's fantastic❤️Suggested by @cvlop61
- •Rather than trot out my usuals, I thought I'd pick something recent. I typically don't put albums from less than 10 years ago in a list of personal all-time albums, but I still refuse to accept that this album wasn't Thriller big. Any of these songs could have been a monster hit, but the rollout of the singles was where it went wrong - the first single was slow (just as "The Girl Is Mine" was mindbogglingly the first from Thriller), and the best song on the album wasn't released as a single!Suggested by @WSPR
- •The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation SocietyYou could never find an album that's more sweet, joyful and sing-along-able. It really feels like it comes from another world — the kind of world you dreamed up when you were a child, before you got too old.Suggested by @Gola
- •Notorious by Duran DuranI've always loved this album. It's a little darker and more sophisticated than their earlier albums, there's not a song that doesn't hold up to the rest of the album, it all flows together beautifully, and it's as good now as when it was released.Suggested by @SparkleLife
- •Pretty in PinkThirty years later this John Hughes curated soundtrack is still one of the best new wave albums. 💗💗💗Suggested by @kiraandlulu
- •Songs: Ohia - Didn't It RainThis is my favourite album of all time. It resonated with me so much that its physical presence provided comfort. I would take it to my exams and job interviews. It's a moody and reflective album with equal parts heart and despair. Recorded live in a single room with all the musicians. If you listen closely you can hear the cars driving on the wet streets in the background. Maybe that's my imagination but either way I'm transported to where they are. I am in their company.Suggested by @theshome
- •"Deja Entendu" - Brand NewMy favorite album of all time. I had to buy at least 6 different copies of this CD because I overplayed it so many times. It is still the most perfect album I've ever heard, from beginning to end.Suggested by @taylormorley
- •Paul's Boutique by Beastie BoysThis is basically one of last great sample records. No artist could get so many samples cleared, in this day & age. Layered tracks, sounds that build song foundations. Silliness & greatness combined.Suggested by @MichaelRose
- •Metallica- ...And Justice for All.Yeah yeah, I know. But have you ever listened to it? Besides the music, I love this album because when I was a young fella I got this tape stuck in my grandma's car's tape deck. My 70+ year old grandma listened to it for a month straight before l got it out, and she actually liked it! 😆 She didn't complain once about it the whole time and even asked who it was.Suggested by @NumbahTwo
- •XO — Elliott Smith(Or how I learned to start feeling my feelings and open up to hypnotic and vulnerable melodies, harmonies, and poetries.) 🎧: https://open.spotify.com/album/1zOxlHQGGV6EH7n4OIFTyhSuggested by @PeteOnEarth
- •Lou Reed - TransformerProduced by David Bowie, with some of the greatest songs ever written on it.Suggested by @MatthewAlmont
- •Grievous Angel/GP - Gram Parson (& Emmylou Harris)Recorded together after Gram discovered Emmylou at an open mic in DC and before his tragically young death, these albums (now packaged together) completely opened me up to an entire genre of music. They are lighthearted but also beautifully heart wrenching at times.Suggested by @marykathryn
- •Throwing Copper by LIVESince I'm on a nostalgia kick!Suggested by @kate81