Books That Shaped Me
Inspired by @amieshmamie
- •Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe book that caused my imagination to explode and grow.
- •Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel SilversteenI carry a copy of "Listen to the Mustn'ts" in my wallet to this very day.
- •Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. SeussJust one of those books that hits you in the feels whether you're five or one hundred and five.
- •Superfudge by Judy BlumeResponsible for taking and turning me from someone who liked to be read to into a passionate reader.
- •the Ramona book series by Beverly ClearyRamona was my spirit animal long before I knew the term.
- •Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson RawlsThe first time I realized books could move me to the point of tears.
- •The Giver by Lois LowryIt made me question if a world free of war and heartbreak was worth sacrificing love and hope for.
- •I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya AngelouI've read this almost every single year since I read it for the first time in eight grade.
- •To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeIt's a classic for a reason.
- •This Lullaby by @sarahdessenThis one played a major part in helping me find my (written) voice.
- •The Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathOne of those books that resonated with me so deeply that it shook me to my very core.
- •The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath by Sylvia Plath
- •The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyEven after all these years and a thousand reads, this is still one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.
- •The Book Thief by Markus ZusakI don't think I could ever properly sum up how much this book effected/shaped me, but I will say that I think everyone should read it at least once in their life.
- •Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David SheffIt broke my heart, but did so in a way that left me a more compassionate human being.
- •My Life on the Road by Gloria SteinemGloria Steinem is one of the people who helped shaped my view of the world and this book just took my view and expanded it ten fold.
- •To Be Continued...Or at least I hope it will be because there's still a lot of books left for me to read.