I Made the Cake
A bit of a sequel to my list (A Venting of (Cake) Frustrations) from yesterday.
- •I want to preface this by saying that I only did this because the person who requested it ended up meeting the deadline and ultimatums I issued- which I haaaaated having to do, by the way- after I wrote the original list yesterday.That said, I am now officially retired from making cakes for anyone other than my family and closest friends.
- •As for the cake itself, this is what it ended up looking like:
- •Is it the best, most impressive cake I've ever made?
- •Is it the worst?
- •It actually turned out to be sort of cute despite all the frustrations surrounding it, an accomplishment that should probably having me feeling like this:
- •But honestly, I feel like this:
- •...and this...
- •...and this.
- •Because this has felt like the longest freakin' day ever.(It's not just the making and decorating a cake thing. For some reason, I just feel like I've lived three years in the last twenty-four hours.)
- •So while I should probably be cleaning up my kitchen and making sure I have clean clothes for tomorrow, I'm curled up on my couch with aching feet, catching up on my social media.
- •And now that I've written this list, I realize there's really no point to it but...whatever.
- •(Confession: This started out as a list about the actual making and decorating of the cake- I even took pictures!- but I just don't have the brainpower to write it right now.)