SOME THINGS THAT HAVE MADE ME HAPPY LATELY
Because it's been a rough week, y'all.
- •buying my ticket to see Stevie Nicks in AtlantaOf course the downside of this is that I'm going to miss out on YALLFest again, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to see the woman who's contributed so much to the soundtrack of my life.
- •rediscovering my vinyl collectionI've been so guilty lately of just listening to Spotify because of easier it is to press a button instead of having to pull out my record player. Which really is a shame because I've poured so much time and effort into compiling a vinyl collection that I both love and am sort of proud of.
- •Bob's BurgersI'm still on that kick where I watch a few episodes before trying (and usually failing) to go to sleep.
- •finding my reading groove againI've read five books over the course of the last week, which is more than I've read in the past two months combined.
- •this picture of my mom and meIt's like asking us to give up a major organ in order to get either one of us in front of the camera so it makes this picture from her birthday last Sunday even more special. (Although Mo is clearly over it.)
- •this sweetnessI actually once considered giving her her own Instagram until I realized at least half of my content would be gone.
- •the new TV seasonI've added both This Is Us and Speechless to my regular DVR settings.
- •putting together "just because" packages for sweet friendsIf you'd like one of these beautifully decorated (minus the address-hiding stickers), please send your address to.... 🙃
- •the pops of colors in the leavesOne of the many reasons why I love this time of year.
- •movie marathonsOne of my favorite things to do is pick an actor, actress, or director and work my way through their filmography.
- •my Autumn playlistUnfortunately I can't take my vinyl collection and record player everywhere with me, so while I'm out and about, I end up listening to a playlist I made of songs that just feel like autumn to me.
- •sharing a meal with people I loveTwo of my greatest loves in life are food and people who make me laugh.
- •my unintentional gallery wallConfession: I don't know if this actually is a gallery wall. All I know is that it makes me happy every time I see it.
- •book orders from Flyleaf Books in Chapel HillI could use all 500 characters to explain why I adore them so much, but instead I'll just that they are the rock stars, plain and simple.
- •making plans to go see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenThis and Star Wars: The Force Awakens are the only movies I've ever counted down the days for.
- •tracking down the shoes I fell in love with last weekI fell hard for these last week only to find out that the store and warehouse were out of my size (thank you, big feet) so I ended up buying a different pair. The problem, though, is that I didn't quite love that so I ended up taking them back and hunting down these on the internet. (They'll be here tomorrow. 😁)
- •flowers in my grandmother's yardHonestly, they're going to be one of the things I miss most when my grandmother finally finishes moving.
- •the possibility of a road trip to see friends