THINGS THAT HAVE MADE ME SMILE OVER THE LAST WEEK
I've written a lot of boring lists, but this one might take the award for Most Boring. Still, it's good to take time to reflect on the happy, especially during times when the happy might be a little harder than usual to find.
- •A little dog who was a tad excited to go see my grandmother.(She went into a travel carrier after I took the picture.)
- •Speaking of my grandmother, she took her next to last chemo treatment.If everything stays on track, she'll take her last treatment next week.
- •Walking out to find this gentleman happily playing his guitar and singing "I'll Fly Away".I'm not particularly religious. Haven't been in a while, but there was something familiar and comforting about it that made me believe that everything was going to be okay.
- •I bought the wrong size jeans the other day. I was going to return them without bothering to try them on, but something told me I needed to "just to see". Come to find out, I've lost a pant size.
- •This note.I can't remember when I wrote it or even why, but I found it stuck to my sketch book on Thursday afternoon. (It now hangs on my concert shadow box.)
- •I *finally* had enough time and energy to put up my Christmas tree.I admit it's a cluttered nightmare, but that's okay because it holds so many memories and adventures and moments of love that make my heart smile.
- •Finding Mo with this ornament.It was Snowball (my first dog ever) and Duchess' favorite, too.
- •Um, this was cool,
- •This was too.
- •I have 80% of my Christmas shopping done. Huzzah! 🎉Downside: I have to wrap it all. 😑
- •Books.I caved and treated myself to Jandy Nelson's I'll Give You The Sun and bought a new copy of Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight to replace mine that's MIA.
- •My dad offered to pay the adoption fee if I was ready to open my heart to another puppy/dog.I don't know if I'm quite ready to do that yet, but knowing that he cares enough to offer still means a lot.
- •My brother showed me the certificate and patch he received for helping with the relief efforts in Columbia after Hurricane Joaquin.Most of the time, I'm an after thought when it comes to things that happen in his life.
- •I've made some progress in a few other areas of my life this past week.It's not that it's secretive, it's just boring as all get out.
- •I slept until 12:30 this afternoon.I think I was in high school the last time I did that.
- •Mo got a bath.She, however, wasn't nearly as amused by this.
- •I've got sheets fresh from the dryer on my bed.
- •Like I said, boring list but sometimes boring is okay, too. =)