WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP
Ever wonder what little Kayla wanted to be when she grew up? No? Well, I made this list anyway.
- •tallCome to think of it, I still would like to be tall.
- •richAnd by rich, I meant having enough money to buy my own Littlest Pet Shop toys without having to clean my room first.
- •old enough to not have to take naps.Now that I am, I would like to officially declare this to be the worst "when I grow up" dream ever.
- •a princessCorrection: I am a princess, or at least I was back when I was four.
- •the pink Power RangerThis actually still is my backup plan.
- •a teacherWhich is kind of hilarious considering I was a honor student who almost didn't graduate high school because I skipped so much. (Sorry again, Mom and Dad. 😔)
- •a singer-songwriterI was DEVASTATED and terribly embarrassed when one of my teachers "jokingly" told me that I couldn't do this, which is why I now only sing in the car or while I'm cooking. Words- joking or not- matter, y'all.
- •a writerI blame every teacher who saw that potential in me and decided to nurture it. *angrily shakes fist* The nerve!
- •the tambourine/shawl/top hat wrangler for Stevie NicksI wrote this as a joke on the career aspirations packet I was forced to fill out every year of high school, but let's be honest- if there was an actual job application for this, I would fill it out with no shame whatsoever.
- •an artistI mean, I was already poor so this seemed like a logical choice.
- •a photographerSince I already kept a camera in my hands, I figured why not get paid for it.
- •HappyI still have hope for this one.