A "would you rather?" li.st for the realities of adulting
I made a small list of things I ask myself before I start to complain about my bills and living expenses. As daunting as being an adult may seem, many of us are fortunate to have the things we do.
- •Would you rather get up and go to work everyday or depend on others, borrow everything, sell your belongings for cheap, donate plasma, etc.?They stop giving you $50 after your 5th plasma donation.
- •Would you rather pay your phone bill or have no way for people to contact you or keep in touch with your friends and family?
- •Would you rather pay your car note, buy gas, and get an oil change, or wait for the bus/wait for someone else to take you where you need to go?Disclaimer: there is NOTHING wrong with public transportation! I've had to use it. I'm asking those who complain about having a car when it is honestly a blessing even in the worst of conditions.
- •Would you rather pay your utilities or sit in the dark, have no heat/air, and have no running water?
- •Would you rather buy groceries or have nothing to eat?