MY "MASTER OF NONE" EXPERIMENT: TURTLE IN A BRIEFCASE
If you've ever seen the show Master of None, you'll understand.
- •BACKROUND:On the show, a character says that the best way to start a text conversation is to text someone a picture of a turtle in a briefcase, then immediately say "Wrong person sorry!" You're guaranteed a response, since they will wonder why you would ever text someone that.
- •So I gave it a shot.
- •I sent it to my boyfriend.He's very rational.
- •I sent it to a friend who had already seen Master of None.She was not impressed. I only got a "thank"
- •I sent it to my friend Lydia, who hasn't seen the show.She liked the idea, even saying that she will probably use it in the future.
- •Maddie hadn't seen the show either, but didn't even need an explanation.She knows I'm weird, I guess.
- •Another friend who had seen the show. She was not impressed.
- •I sent it to my grandmaWho showed it to my grandpa, who wanted to know if it was a Christmas gift.
- •I sent it to my dad.WHO DIDN'T EVEN BAT AN EYE. HE'S SO USED TO IT THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK.
- •HE EVEN MADE A DAD JOKE.
- •All in all, a successful experiment. It does guarantee a text back!