Things That Are Subtly Right-handed
Warning: This list might expose your right privilege. Suggest additions!
- •Necklace claspsThe part that requires dexterity is the part you work with your right hand, flying blind behind your head.
- •Notebooks and bindersHave you ever noticed how, after you write in a spiral notebook for a while, you have a cool spiral indentation running along your arm? No? Oh, you must be right-handed then.
- •School desksIt didn't occur to me until I took the SAT at a different school and used a left-handed desk that righties don't do everything with their elbow dangling off the side and banging into things.
- •ScissorsTrying to use right-handed scissors with your left hand is a joke. It's like trying to drink out of one of those trick cups that make you dribble on yourself. Left-handed scissors are also a joke. Every lefty I know learned early to cut right-handed.
- •The entire game of baseballIf you hit the ball right-handed, it goes one way and you run the other way. If you're a mediocre lefty like me, you hit the ball directly to the first baseman and you're out.