What Words Are Teen Using That I Should Be Using
Requested by @sophia. I'm not sure these are words that you actually SHOULD be using, but they are words being used, for better or worse. Grown up translations included!
- •Bye Felicia"Farewell, person I didn't care for anyway."
- •On fleek"On point!"
- •Ya$$$"I'm very excited about affirming something!"
- •Thirsty"Profoundly desperate."
- •Turn up"Increase the level of fun and/or debauchery, typically in a social setting!"
- •Af"I am too lazy to type 'as fuck,' or possibly trying to be discreet about my use of profanity because I am 15 and my mom would ground me!"
- •No chill"The inability to stay calm, cool and collected."
- •Slay"Succeed at your endeavor!"
- •Bae"A term of endearment used by people other people make fun of."
- •Doe"Though. It means though."
- •Basic"An adjective denoting lack of sophistication or depth."
- •Turnt"Under the influence of any number of intoxicants."
- •OTP"Soulmate. It stands for 'one true pairing.' Used to be used when discussing fictional characters but is now being used by teens to describe their own love lives."
- •keeping it 100 or 💯keeping it realSuggested by @lindsaygelfand