MY GUIDING PRINCIPLES 🔦
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •"Everybody's got a story that could break your heart" -Amanda MarshallKind of an embarrassing song but really formed my beliefs as a teen on considering what people are going through before forming definite opinions on them or interpretations of their actions.
- •Listen beyond the words to see what people need from you.Words can be misleadingly nit-picky or trivial-sounding when someone really means "I'm scared", "I need reassurance", "I want to feel heard".
- •You are not your thoughtsJust because you think it, doesn't mean it defines you. We can be very cruel to ourselves but just because we think about it, doesn't mean it's true. Similarly, be kind to yourself when you are feeling all sorts of emotions. You can be an observer of how you're feeling and acknowledge your feelings without having to let them define you.
- •Shine theory: if you shine, I shinehttp://nymag.com/thecut/2013/05/shine-theory-how-to-stop-female-competition.html empowering the people around us, allows us to shine
- •Does it work? Is it efficient?For everyday things, mostly work. Sometimes personal.
- •For my own relationships: what advice would I give someone if it was happening to my best friend?