An ever evolving list.
- 1.The Art of Racing In the Rain by Garth SteinA book told from the perspective of a dog named Enzo. Reminds you why dogs are better than humans while also teaching you lessons about life. You will sob. It will be worth it.
- 2.The Happiness Project by Gretchen RubinI think about the information, stories, and lessons shared in this book a lot. It inspires and comforts me.
- 3.P.S. Longer Letter Later by Ann M. Martin and Paula DanzigerOne of my favorite books when I was younger. I read it over and over.
- 4.Harry Potter 1-7Enthralling, inspiring, moving, hilarious, upsetting, creative, uplifting, sorrowful, suspenseful, mysterious, playful...everything.
- 5.Dreams of Joy by Lisa SeeAmazing historical fiction. Extremely engaging and moving. Sobbing.
- 6.Something Blue by Emily GiffinMost people like Something Borrowed more than Something Blue. Not me. I love the story of Ethan and Darcy. London, friendship, redemption, love, family. Beautiful.
- 7.Attachments By Rainbow RowellI love the character of Lincoln. And the 90s.
- 8.The Glass Castle by Jeanette WallsI read this while I was 18 on a beach on vacation with my family. While reading I was acutely aware of the juxtaposition of my location and the stories in the book itself. Engagingly written, heartbreaking, inspiring, beautiful.
- 9.The Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldI love this story. I don't know what it is, I just do. So far the only book I was required to read in high school I've reread because I liked it.
- 10.Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineAn awesome and creative retelling of the Cinderella story. This is the first book I can remember making me cry.
- 11.Gingerbread by Rachel CohnLove the character of Cyd Charisse and the way the book is written. The story itself is funny but also poignant. I've read this book countless times.
- 12.Yes Please by Amy PoehlerI loved this book. Hilarious and inspiring. I keep buying it as presents for other people.
- 13.Sammy's Hill by Kristin GoreA fictional book about a Congressional staffer from Ohio. I've read this book several times. I love the character of Sammy, the setting of D.C., that she is from Ohio, and the personal storyline.
- 14.Station Eleven by Emily St. John MandelJust read this. Amazing.
- 15.Unbroken by Lauren HillenbrandThe story of Louis Zamperini is simply magnificent. Inspiring, heartbreaking, uplifting.