FINDING THE BEST ICE CREAM IN ATX
Spoiler alert: sometimes it's gelato, instead.
- •Amy's Ice CreamsStarted in Austin in 1984, it's probably the most popular scoop in town. When I was in high school, the job application was a white paper bag. An applicant had to get creative to get a job, and they displayed the best ones in stores.
- •Lick Ice CreamIt's handcrafted, local, and also delicious. Their seasonal flavors right now include options with peach, honey, lavender or berries. They also have vegan and dairy-free options.
- •Cow Tipping CreameryThe Creamery makes tasty soft serve and layers it with good stuff like nutter butter crumbs or cookie dough.
- •Spun Ice CreamFresh seasonal ice cream spun to order using liquid nitrogen. I haven't been there yet, but I'm excited to try it.
- •Tèo GelatoHere I'm modeling a scoop of Nutella Peanut Butter with a scoop of Salted Caramel.
- •Dolce NeveAmazing and authentic Italian gelato. One of the owners is an Italian native, and attended Carpigiani Gelato University in Bologna. Lots of Italian flavors like mascarpone lemon.
- •Prohibition CreameryCombines booze + ice cream—and by that I mean a scoop of whisky chocolate ice cream—but has non-alcoholic options, too. They opened today, and I want to go to there.