HOLIDAY BEVERAGES OF HORROR
A few years ago, I accidentally started a hobby of finding disgusting holiday beverages and sharing them on social media. Here's my collection, along with the original commentary.
- •Red Velvet Chocolate Holiday MilkLooks like Target has developed a strong candidate in the quest to end eggnog's reign as Most Disgusting Holiday Beverage.
- •Holly NogI think I've found a winner for this year's Holiday Beverage of Horror: Holly Nog. Yes, that's eggnog made with wine. Don't forget the real dairy.
- •Pumpkin EggnogThis year's Holiday Beverage of Horror has an early entry.
- •Snickerdoodle Holiday MilkFound in the eggnog section at Target: Snickerdoodle Holiday Milk. Do I add flour to this and make cookies? Add it to my coffee? Maybe this is what Austen meant by "I am half agony, half hope. . ."
- •Pumpkin Creme SodaThe Holiday Beverage of Horror season has begun with the fright fest that is Pumpkin Cream Soda.
- •Maple Creme Soda"I wish my syrup was carbonated for easier drinking!" said no one, ever.
- •Gingerbread SodaI typically hit the Holiday Beverage of Horror jackpot at World Market, but they're apparently barely making an effort this year.
- •Chocolate Mint Holly NogI can't imagine being drunk enough to think this Holiday Beverage of Horror could be tasty. It's mint chocolate-flavored wine mixed with "real Wisconsin cream."