IN THAT ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE I'M KATIE C. 🌎
Do you ever imagine other ways your life might have turned out? In some alternate universe, I'm probably living my Katie C. life where:
- •I met my husband Kyle in 2004 at the Texas Book Festival.I was volunteering, and he was attending.
- •We married in Spring 2006, knowing he'd have a busy fall. Besides, when you're deeply and truly in love, who wants to wait?
- •Even though we didn't know how long his work would be based here, we decided our permanent home would be. We bought a house on the lake.
- •Our home became a social hub for many of his co-workers and crew. Many weekends, we'd host everyone for BBQ and water fun. One of my new best friends rented a house nearby.
- •In 2007, our daughter Ella was born. Little sister Amelia joined our family in 2009.
- •After the show wrapped, Kyle opted to focus on movie roles.
- •He's only recently gone back to series work, now that the girls are a little older and in school.
- •I've continued my volunteer work with the Book Festival. Try as they might, they still haven't convinced me to speak as a featured author. My children's books featuring the wacky adventures of our favorite ginger fella have been bestsellers for the past few years.
- •Kyle has this week off. Our girls are out to dinner with my parents, and he'll be home soon to grill steaks for the two of us. I just put his favorite mac & cheese in the oven.
- •But first, a boat ride. . .