LAST FIVE BOOKS I'VE READ
- •Career of Evil, by Robert GalbraithThe third in the private detective Cormoran Strike series, and my second favorite. (I didn't love book two.) I love how Galbraith (pseudonym of JK Rowling) keeps the reader guessing with clues that could apply to any suspect.
- •Modern Romance, by Aziz AnsariInteresting and amusing. No help at all with Internet dating.
- •Landline, by Rainbow RowellGood but not great. Maybe because I couldn't really identify with the main character?
- •Dead Wake, by Erik LarsonDevil in the White City is still my favorite of his books, but I enjoyed this one. I love how Larson can take know history and make non-fiction interesting by telling it like a story.
- •Big Little Lies, by Liane MoriartyA selection by my book club, outside my "usual" reading list. I thought the characters tended towards stereotypes, and the story was fairly predictable, but it was good for book club discussion. I think Reese Witherspoon is making this book into a movie (that I'll probably skip).