NEW RULES WE ALL NEED TO AGREE TO ADOPT RIGHT NOW
These aren't exactly new, @mnickwrites , but I think the Dalai Lama was pretty spot-on when suggesting them.
- •Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- •When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- •Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
- •Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- •Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- •Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- •When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- •Spend some time alone every day.
- •Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- •Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- •Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- •A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- •In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- •Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- •Be gentle with the earth.
- •As often as possible, go someplace you've never been before.
- •Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- •Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.