THINGS THAT MAKE ME UNCOMFORTABLE
So many things, @biz. So many things.
- •When I don't quite hear or maybe misunderstand what someone says, but I respond anyway. Then, the look on their face and the ensuing awkward pause confirming I should not have said anything.
- •Sometimes I blush in totally normal conversation for no reason apparent to me and because I'm so fair, I assume my face looks like a tomato, which makes me actually feel like blushing and my face turns a shade of red never before seen on human skin.
- •Small talk in the office break room.
- •When someone offers to set me up with a fella who is definitely not right for me.I'm sure your contractor's divorce is "as good as final," but NO NO NOOOOO.
- •Someone presses me for details about my weekend, apparently unsatisfied with my non-committal "good, how about yours?"Allow me to dispel your misconception that my life is full of constant adventure: I came home from my hair appointment on Saturday, changed into couch pajamas, caught up on Beowulf (television not book), and didn't interact with another human until I had to on Sunday. That's how my weekend was; stop asking.
- •During a phone call with a potential suitor, I have decided we are not a match, but he's in the middle of what seems like it might be a very lengthy story about himself and I can't figure out how to end the call or tell him we're never going on a date and he starts quizzing me about the story he's telling."And what do you think happened next?" Don't care, dude, do not care.
- •That vague feeling that I've accidentally stolen every one of these things from other people's lists. 😳