Things Students Have Said to Me
Ah the joys of being a first year special education teacher at an elementary school
- •"You look like an immigrant at Ellis Island"I was wearing a long scarf
- •"Ms. Douma you talk to much"I got this from one student almost daily. He would also tell me I was "doing too much"
- •"I don't wanna be at school anymore you have to drive me home"Not legal also not how school works
- •"I think the numbers on this worksheet are disappearing. I do them and then they disappear"They certainly do not
- •"Have you ever been homeless?"This broke my heart because I know he wanted me to say yes
- •"If all the students didn't come to school tomorrow do you think the teachers would think they weren't supposed to come?"I do think that
- •"I might not be here next week, Donald Trump is sending me back to Mexico"Took me the entire day to convince him he had to do work because if I had anything to do with it he wasn't going anywhere
- •"I got a 40% on my math test because he hates me"No, you wrote 3 instead of 7
- •"You don't have a boyfriend? That's sad"Thanks!
- •"What's all over your face?"It was makeup
- •"How old are you, 45?"I'm 21
- •"What do you mean you're from Chicago and you've never been in a fight?"A young Wisconsinite's perception of Chicago
- •"Fetty Wap is the best rapper of all time"Heartbreaking