Already on li.st? Open in app.
An insomniac's manifesto. Full disclosure: most of this does not work, but obscure combinations of a few things on this list might. I'm shooting for description rather than prescription- that's what ambien is for (kidding).
- •Watch FriendsOn such a low volume that it barely registers with my hearing. Also, always watch episodes that don't segue from one part to another- no matter how many times you've seen Chandler propose you're going to forgo sleep to watch that again.
- •Listen to boring or already-read-them audiobooksI recommend The Hobbit, the iTunes version. I've read the book, seen the movie (just the first, thanks very much Peter Jackson) so the plot doesn't get interesting or distracting. It just lulls me out of my head and into a state of sleepiness.
- •Read recipesIt never gets so interesting that I can't put it down, nor is it so boring that move on to something else. A true middle ground. Plus sometimes I figure out what I want to shop for that week.
Not even a quarter century under my belt so this is apt to change...
- •Rumors - Fleetwood MacSimple lyrics for complicated life- the soundtrack on many road trips
- •21 - AdeleAs a singer, she inspires me. As songs, these healed me.
- •Greatest Hits - Bruce SpringsteenFor New Jersey, for my father, for a day at the Jersey shore