Sweet Potato Fries
- •Prep a baking sheet (with raised sides) by putting three spoonfuls of coconut oil on it and place it in an oven preheating to 350 degrees.The warmth from the oven will change the oil from a solid to a liquid so you can easily coat the fries in oil. Keep it in just long enough to melt the oil.
- •Cut 2-4 sweet potatoes into long, thin pieces.If you prefer crispier fries, cut the pieces thinner.
- •Take the baking sheet out of the oven and coat the fries in the now-liquid oil.(Time-saving tip: cut more than you need for today and put the extra sticks in a bowl and cover them with water. They'll keep in the fridge for up to a week and cut your prep time in half the next time you want fries!)
- •Add sea salt and pepper.Not too much -- you can always add more when they're done.
- •Bake for 40-60 minutes.Shake the tray about halfway through to flip the fries. Use a spatula to up-end any fries that dare to stick. When they're done is up to you -- they will go from mushy to soft to crispy.
- •Let them cool down for a few minutes, then season to taste.They're great with just sea salt and freshly ground pepper, but you can also dunk them in ketchup, barbecue sauce or, my personal favorite, siriacha mayo.