Unexpected Media Manna
while grounded from foot surgery
- •checking up on blogger friend postsyou people inspire, provoke thought and make me a better blogger.
- •catching up on the last three seasons of "The Office"never stopped loving Jim and Pam, finally started loving Michael.
- •reading all 1488 pages of Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables"so much more to the story; Jean ValJean even more a picture of grace embraced.
- •downloading the "List App"and getting a comment from B.J. Novak! What????
- •writing thank you notes to the dear ones who brought food, flowers, cards, books, picnics, wine and smilesit is a privilege; why has writing a TY note gone out of vogue?
- •binging on "Mad Men" againthis stuff is art, I tell you, art!
- •reading "Streams in the Desert" every day for a dose of consolationstill relevant and salve to my soul (and sole!)
- •discovering "Carpool Karaoke with James Corden"discovering James Corden!
- •binging on "Gilmore Girls" again and againStars Hollow is where I want to grow up.
- •finding jet.comdog food, cashews, toilet paper and Muscle Milk to my door at Costco prices with no shipping charge! Yes, please.
- •experiencing my first grown up comic bookHyperbole and a Half" by Allie Brosh. Taught me a lot.
- •getting high score on "Words With Friends" AND highest average score per wordthis is a one time thing.
- •hearing Adele's "25""All I ask is if this is my last night with you, hold me like I'm more than just a friend. Give me a memory I can use. Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do. It matters how this ends 'cause what if I never love again?" Can. Not. Stop.
- •rewatching the Harry Potter seriesit gets more spiritual every time.
- •praying more and more and moreand more and more and more.