Albums that had a huge impact in my life
In no particular order
- •Brother Ali - UsBaby Girl helped me find strength and a voice. "Gotta deal with the demons before they deal with you" Not enough (male) artists address issues of rape and sexual abuse.
- •Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little PillI was 8 when this album came out and I knew the day my mom bought and played it that Alanis would be my spirit animal.
- •Comeback Kid - Wake the DeadI bonded so hard with a friend over this album. My PIC, never missing a California show.
- •Gang Starr - Moment of TruthGod damn if Guru wasn't one of the sharpest lyricists of his time 🙏🏻 this album stemmed my love for good hip hop.
- •Sigur RosIf you're looking to find yourself in an alternate universe with out the use of LSD or Shrooms, his music could do it for you.