EXCELLENT BAMBARA WORDS & PROVERBS
It's an awesome West African language, full of cool sayings and compound words. Spoken in Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea, and the area.
- •Allah ka su here cayaA blessing: "May God increase your night-peace." Basically means, "sleep well!" And is said only at bed time. Response: Amina!
- •I te I bobara nafa don fo ni sumani b'a laLiterally, "you don't know the importance of your ass until there's a boil on it." Don't take anything for granted.
- •NegesoNege = metal So = horse Negeso = bicycle
- •BaraBara means "holder of", basically. So: Bo = poop Bobara = your butt, literally your poop holder
- •Ka sen naani keExpression for "to have sex". Literally means "to make four feet".
- •I nyenafin be n naMeans "I miss you". But literally, my eyes are dark without you. In contrast, nyenaje (or eyes are white) means to celebrate. Lovely.
- •sa bili bili ba"snake really really big"Suggested by @lucas