THINGS TO DO IN SONOMA COUNTY WINE COUNTRY
Healdsburg is only 1.5 hours north of SF. And you LA folks can fly Alaska Air from LAX to Santa Rosa (central Sonoma County) and rent a car or get a driver from there. No über.
- •Eat breakfast at Downtown Bakery or CosteauxThese are two awesome bakeries in Healdsburg. We don't have awesome full, sit-down brunch spots - but get your croissant, simple omelette, or bagels here. ☕️☕️
- •Eat lunchGet sandwiches at Shelton's in Healdsburg, burritos at Taqueria Guadelajara, or supplies for a picnic at Big John's grocery. You can picnic at tons of wineries - Armida has a great spot.
- •Eat dinnerSo many great options, but my favorites are Campo Fina, BarnDiva, and Willi's Wine Bar in Healdsburg. Or Diavola or Catelli's in Geyserville.
- •Hike, whale watch, and sight see at Bodega BaySo gorgeous. Bodega is about an hour's drive from Healdsburg, but it's so worth it. The whole Sonoma coast is delightful.
- •Wine tasting and buying, obviWineries: Meeker (duh), Ridge, Dutcher Crossing, Mauritson, Preston, J Wine Company (especially good if you like bubbles like I do!). Call ahead if you can and book private tastings and/or tours with the folks who offer it.
- •Have a beer at Russian River Brewing CompanyThey're super famous for Pliny, an IPA, but I prefer their sour beers - particularly Supplication (order a "supp") and Consecration.
- •YogaYoga on Center in Healdsburg is amazing. Try the 9 am Saturday or Sunday classes.
- •ShopTry Mill Creek Antiques for AWESOME digging-through-piles-of-stuff. I also like Copperfields Books on the square in Healdsburg.
- •HikeTry Armstrong Redwoods State Park! Or Lake Sonoma Half a Canoe trail if you've got your dog. Annadel park in Santa Rosa has good hiking and mountain biking options also.
- •Take a classCheck out the options at Relish Culinary School.
- •Chalkboard in HealdsburgSuggested by @amybsherman
- •Hang out at the pool at Sonoma Mission InnSuggested by @amybsherman
- •THE SHED (healdsburg)one stop shop for food, food shopping, larder perusal, to go sammies w dutch crunch bread, all the enamelware and weck jars et al you could ever want, and a kombucha barSuggested by @white_lightning
- •The pool at Coppola winery@amybsherman reminded me!
- •Float/fish/canoe the Russian RiverSuggested by @lucas
- •Don't be the idiot who rents a bike to ride around wine country.The roads are all 50 mph and that sundress won't look cute once you have mad pit stains.Suggested by @lucas