WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR DOG GETS SKUNKED
- •Spring into action.Skunk spray is an oil and it bonds to fur more thoroughly the longer it sits. The quicker you act, the better off you are.
- •If the dog is already indoors, open every window and door.Don't let the smell settle.
- •If the dog is still outdoors, keep it out.
- •Strip naked.Any clothes you wear to wash your dog in this moment will be irrecoverable.
- •Get dish soap or Tecnu. Tea tree oil shampoo for oily hair also works great.Hose your dog down and cover them in soap.
- •Start scrubbing like CRAZY.You need to dissolve the skunk oiliness as quickly as possible. Suds the dog up.
- •Rinse. Repeat.I wash three times.
- •Tell your dog you still love him/her.For now.