Top 5 Series Finales (Drama)
Here is a list of the finales I think stand out as exceptional and or memorable. The criteria I used to come up with this list was based on how well I thought the final episode concluded the story of the series. DISCLAIMER: although I tried not to give away any spoilers, read at your own risk.
- •5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Chosen" original air date - 5/20/2003This is in my opinion one of the most original yet underrated shows of all time. And the finale was an epic adventure that gave closure to the whole story. The premise was always that Buffy was the only one, and in the end she was not the only one.
- •4. Boardwalk Empire "Eldorado" original air date - 10/21/2014I really liked this finale because it made a decision about a storyline that I did not agree with make sense in the end. All actions have consequences, and Nucky was forced to face his.
- •3. Six Feet Under "Everyone's Waiting" original air date - 8/21/2005A show about life, death and family ends in a way that you can't help but tear up and feel happy at the same time. The last several minutes takes you on a journey with the Fisher family so you can really see how it all ends.
- •2. Breaking Bad "Felina" original air date - 9/29/2013Probably the most highly acclaimed show to ever have been made. The finale was no disappointment and left everyone feeling satisfied with the resolution of the 2 main characters, Jesse and Walter White/Heisenberg.
- •1. Lost "The End" original air date - 5/23/2010One of the most misunderstood finales of all time. However I don't think there was a better way to end it. For 6 seasons loyal fans grew to love the characters and the relationships they formed. The finale showed us that when we leave this life, our relationships are all we can take with us. I can't think of a more profound way to end a series.