Memories of non-significant times in my life, which effected my life after in no particular way
- •I'm 5 years old. I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall asleep. I go downstairs to my reading nook and read two books. One is about a town full of pickle people and one is about a lion who discovers snow. I know I will be tired in the morning, but nap time is still a thing so I'm not concerned.
- •I am 6. It is Halloween. My daycare center has a carnival with a clown. The clown meets all the kids in my age group and asks them how old they are and when they say "six" he says "oh no, you're sick?!" He does this every time, at least ten times. I am deeply disappointed. I have no respect for this clown.
- •I'm seven years old. My mom buys me a pizza lunchable and we go to the laundromat. I eat the lunchable sitting on top of the washing machine. It has one of those dessert pizzas with the chocolate sauce and m&ms. This is the best thing that has ever happened.
- •I am 8? I am at an after school program. I am sitting on a couch with my then frenemy. She farts and blames it on me. Everyone believes her. Everyone reassures me that it is okay and not embarrassing. I am livid. This is the worst thing that has ever happened.
- •I'm 19 years old. I am studying abroad in Oxford with my best friend. We go to the covered market to get milkshakes. She gets peanut butter flavor. We can all agree this is very gross. I tell her that and she is appalled.
- •I'm 20 years old. I'm sitting in my car at a stoplight watching the sunset. I'm just a couple blocks from my apartment, which is my first, and which I love. I think "in a year I won't remember this moment." I did remember though.