HASHTAG HOSPITAL LIFE
What's going on? This!
- •I have streptococcus in my blood, which is dangerous AF.My mom helpfully told me that strep in the blood from pneumonia is what killed Jim Henson!
- •I almost didn't come in but I had a terrible feeling that I was sicker than anyone thought, including my doctor.Trust yo' gut and your best friends who are doctors.
- •I have had the hottest nurses and I haven't asked them to give me a sponge bathLook at me, not being a creep!
- •The infectious disease doctors let me know that I could be here for 7-10 days, or up to 4 weeks if the virus has gone to my heart.I had a bit of a fit, by which I mean I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes and told them I have Hamilton tickets, so no.
- •I've accidentally ripped out my IV twice by using it as a rope so I wouldn't have to get up.Laziness game ✔️
- •I haven't asked for IV pain meds.This is a big deal for me. I am usually an addict in here. I never remember my stays and the days after, of coming down, are truly hellish.
- •I really miss my nieces.
- •I haven't escaped the floor to buy magazines and candy yetI'm growing up.
- •I really want to live.
- •I really want to take better care of myself.
- •I want to go home.But I'm okay being here until I get better. I don't want to fuck this up.
- •I really want to live, I really do.
- •There is so much left to do and see and teach and learn.
- •And I plan to do it all.Typing my grad school essays as soon as they move my IV hand. Can't stop/won't stop.
- •Thanks for all the love.You're all stars to me!