SOME OF MY FAVORITE MOMENTS OF MY TRIP THROUGH EUROPE & ASIA
Istanbul, London and Iceland
- •I planned this trip when I was still paralyzed, so being able to actually go was a blessing.
- •Before I left, I hospitalized for MRSA. I recovered but I was so worried I'd get sick abroad.
- •I said fuck it and went anyway.
- •Even though everyone was like "MAYBE NOT."However I'd been through so much shit this year that my family was supportive.
- •Flying into Iceland, I was nervous but excited.
- •Genevieve and I flew from JFK into Iceland. We were only there for 2 days so we headed straight to the blue lagoon.It was like another planet.
- •Sunrise in Iceland, 10:30 am.
- •I went with my two best friends from high school, Meghan and Genevieve. Fifteen years of friendship basically makes you family.Meghan lives in London so we headed there to pick her up and trek to Istanbul.
- •Istanbul was cosmopolitan, loaded with security, and very friendly. And old AF.
- •The palaces and mosques were thousands of years old, which floored me. I felt humbled by the city.
- •On a boat trip in Istanbul, I felt at peace, a feeling I usually have when I'm on water.Obviously an Aquarius.
- •We spent four days in Istanbul and only scratched the surface.
- •Then we headed back to London for Thanksgiving and Harry Potter studios.I've been to London a few times, so I really only wanted to see my boy Harry.
- •I got back at the beginning of December and I've been sick ever since, but it was so worth it.RIP Alan Rickman.
- •Traveling makes me feel alive, and I spend so much time in bed that taking these trips out of my reality is crucial for my sanity.
- •It's hard for me to despair when I am motivated by all there is left for me to do and see.
- •I'm lucky to have the opportunity to travel. Even though it makes me sicker more often than not, I never regret going.
- •I can't wait to see what's next.