THE TOP TEN BOOKS OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO ME 📚
In no particular order (Inspired by @ListPrompts)
- •Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, JK RowlingMy favorite HP book. Truly when the series set itself apart from anything else in children's literature.
- •My Antonia, Willa CatherHated it in high school, hated it less in college, fell in love the third time I read it for pleasure. A gift.
- •Bel Canto, Ann PatchettThe book that taught me about opera. I can hear the music swell as I read Patchett's words.
- •Autobiography of a Face, Lucy Grealy🙌🏼
- •The Two Kinds of Decay, Sarah MangusoBrittle, stunning, intelligent. Manguso is a great poet but this is my favorite work of hers. So brilliant.
- •White Noise, Don DeLilloIt's been 13 years since I read it but it had quite the effect on a young KPB. The professor's elbow patches! I remember thinking that was so brilliant...
- •Geek Love, Katharine DunnCarnies!
- •Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia WoolfI had a great English teacher in HS who taught us The Hours and Geek Love, and told me to read Woolf on the side. This is my favorite VW.
- •Eleanor and Park, Rainbow RowellMy favorite YA novel of all time.
- •Atonement, Ian McEwanI can remember riding the subway an extra three stops just to finish the chapter.
- •Also: White Teeth, The Corrections, Arcadia, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, H is for Hawk, and on and on.
- •I'm gonna need to write a second list.