BEER DIARY 40
Gosh, volume 40 filled up quickly...
- •Pryes Miraculum, American/Minnesota IPAThe only beer that this 2012-founded brewery makes and it's a good one! Strong caramel balance from the first taste, and sweet citrus hoppiness. I hope someday they will make a second beer.
- •New Belgium Citradelic IPAMore gentle than I was expecting; I guess maybe I had Lips of Faith in my head, which can this isn't. Definite tangerine flavor but in a very mellow way. Not too hoppy. You will enjoy this in warm weather!
- •NC Beer Month (2016)Untappd badge. Celebrating North Carolina, even though the original Nee Belgium brewery is in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- •Ballast Point Victory at Sea (original), robust imperial porterThe vanilla! The coffee! I sat and smelled this for a good 2 minutes before I even sipped it. So good!
- •Bauhaus Wagon Party, west coast lagerCan calls it West Coast Lager, Untappd says India Pale Lager. Definitely in the India Pale direction. Plenty dry and hoppy for a "lager," really close to Pale Ale.
- •Bauhaus Sky-Five, American IPALots of caramel malt flavor in this one, with juicy hop semi-bitterness.
- •Summit Great Northern PorterSmoky, roasty, peaty! Unmistakably Summit.
- •Destihl Weissenheimer HefeweizenApricotty and slightly musty. I really like Destihl beers!
- •Hammerheart Laurentian Porter, smoked aleSmoky peat roastiness! The smoke is there but not at all overpowering. Hammerheart is another brewery whose beers I am always, for no good reason because why should I be, surprised by how much I like them.