Flights really are a wonderful thing! Tonight at the Happy Gnome.
- •Tin Whiskers Barrel Shifter, Porter aged in oak (draught)Slight hint of smokiness on first taste. Medium hint of cherry after the chill comes off. Nice full flavor.
- •Fargo Iron Horse Pale Ale (draught)Sometimes I get grapefruit and resin mixed up. Smooth flavor but fizzy body. There's some underlying caramel malt.
- •Lift Bridge Batch 1300, double IPA (draught)Sometimes I get grapefruit and pine mixed up, but l think this is both. More grapefruit in the nose, more pine in the flavor. Refreshing!
- •Lupine Three Bandits Coffee Porter (draught)Coffee coffee coffee! Dark and roasty, just how I like it! Some vanilla vapors in my mouth afterwards. And then some coffee bitterness in the back of my throat.
- •Odell IPA (draught)Interesting. After the strongly coffee Porter above which I had immediately preceding, I'm getting just a hint of floral in the taste, which is actually pretty grapefruity.