We had a leaving party at the office today. There was beer.
- •Sierra Nevada Snow Wit, white IPA (bottle)Pronounced banana and spice on first taste, though not in an overpowering way. Enough dryness to balance the flavors. This is really nice.
- •Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout (bottle)Like a coffee-flavored Tootsie Roll. Maybe some caramel undertones. Slight hop bitterness in the aftertaste. Amendment: Coffee-flavored Hershey Syrup, though less sugary.
- •Summit True Brit IPA (bottle)Good all-'rounder! Fruitiness in the aroma. Orangy-apricotty flavor, some nice caramel-malt balance, but nice & dry despite those other sweet-sounding descriptors.
- •Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (bottle)I remember, 15 years ago, when I thought this was soooo fruity. Now I understand. Tropical hops. Mild hoppiness. Strong happiness.
- •Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (bottle)Oh yeah, grapefruit! Smells like orange rind, tastes like grapefruit, pleasing malt balance. I remember when I used to be afraid of Torpedo and Lagunitas Maximus. Hahaha!
- •Lift Bridge Silhouette, Russian imperial stout (draught)Toasty, roasty, fudgy goodness! Not boozy at all (ahem, 10%).